Friday, February 11, 2011

New to this


I am new to this blog business, but I wanted a place where I could quickly write down my thoughts about my life and my family. Especially since I am a terrible "baby book keeper" -- this can be my electronic baby book.

A little background:
Last year, right around now, Boomer and I found out we were pregnant! I knew I was pregnant despite having taken a home pregnancy test a week earlier that said "not pregnant" -- I waited patiently for the day Boomer and I agreed I would retest. My patience ran out at about 3 am that morning when I woke up, took the test, then danced around the bathroom with our puppy waiting for Boomer to finally wake up so I could tell him the news. I was so excited I couldn't believe it.
The pregnancy was long, and pretty uneventful. I didn't gain too much weight (about 15 lbs), my blood pressure was stable the whole time and Annabelle only gave me one scare: At about 27 weeks I had a day of no movement from my normally active baby, I thought nothing of it. I offhandedly mentioned it to my mother who told me to call the DR immediately -- I did and they told me to come in immediately. I freaked. But as soon as the U/S tech put the wand on my belly, Miss A decided to start dancing. I was embarrassed, but also relieved.
At 39 weeks, 4 days - October 20, 2010 at 7:42PM our beautiful little Annabelle was born weighing 8 lbs 8 oz, 20 inches long. Her delivery was a little rough and really long, but once she was here, none of that mattered.
Once we got home, we were able to get into a routine pretty quickly and have been doing very well since.

EDIT: Boomer wants me to go back and "back-fill" this, so I will be adding stories as I remember and back dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment